Hi all, have been computerless for a few weeks, so catching up with you all now, reading the emails and blogs. Lots of interesting comments.
Thanks Bronwyn for your comments on using role-play and offer of a course to evaluate from Otago.
Week 3
I am interested in the elearning guidelines around students/staff/learner-centred design.
The questions from the guidelines are as follows:
Students/learning design/learner-centred:
· Are students able to agree some or all of their learning goals in negotiation with teaching staff?
· Do students have any choice in terms of either: what they learn, the particular resources they will study and/or the learning activities they will engage in?
Staff/learning design/learner centred:
· Is the use of e-learning appropriate to the intended learning outcomes?
· Do students get clearly defined learning objectives that assist them in focussing on their learning activities?
· Does the e-learning encourage a realistic progression towards self direction and recognises varied starting points in levels of confidence and motivation?
· What makes an effective online discussion?
· Have a representative sample of students tested the e-learning materials, and any necessary modifications been made?
Two issues:
I am interested in exploring the following issues:
· Interaction – are they interacting? How do we design activities that foster interaction?
· Technological difficulties – student support
As I have not yet settled on a course to evaluate, that is about all I can really say for now ;). Will post more soon.
Sunday, 22 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment