Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Hi everyone,

I have just completed the interview with the Flexible Learning Course facilitators Bronwyn and Leigh. It was very interesting to hear their ideas on interaction, open access, blogs and forums.

I have emailed the participant survey to the Flexible Learning Course google groups email forum and hope to collect responses soon.

If any of you would like to view the survey you can click on the link below.

Click Here to view survey

Please don't complete it unless you are a Flexible Learning Course participant! However, you can let me know what you think of the survey questions. I would be interested to have your feedback.

I'll be in touch about the responses as soon as I get some!

Cheers, Adrienne

6 comments:

  1. Hi Adrienne,

    Very interesting Survey questions.

    One of the questions in the survey is asking the participants whether they are working full time or part time or studying full time or part time? I was just wondering what conclusion would you make from these information?

    Good luck with your results

    Cheers
    Krishan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrienne- to me the survey questions obviously show the amount of reading that you have been doing for the research of the questions- good for you, you are going to get a lot of data out of this. I wonder if you are able to make any distinction between asynchronous and synchronous 'discussion-interaction' types? I don't recall that mentioned on the original plan but it might have come up in the interview forum with Leigh and Bronwyn- will keep an eye out as I am sure that there are differences in terms of how people approach the 2 types of interactions. Looking forward to seeing some results- see you
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adrienne,

    interesting survey. Looking forward to see your results.
    What do you define as interaction? Would that be interaction with the lecturer? with the on-line course?

    Cheers

    Hervé

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Krishan, Debra and Herve, thanks for your comments and questions.

    I have asked about participants working or studying time to get some background information. It is like looking at the demographics for the student group. I want to get an idea of their experiences, time they have available to work online - a snapshot of who they are.

    This evaluation is focusing on asynchronous interaction (mainly to keep it manageable for me during content analysis). Bronwyn commented during the interview that more discussion may occur during Elluminate and face-to-face meetings. In theory (Salmon) it can be designed into online asynchronous interactions too. What do you think?

    For this evaluation interactions are student-content, student-facilitator and student-student. I have also defined levels of interaction as Salmon, Henri and Gunawardena did. There is a table in my draft plan which covers details of previous models of interaction analysis. I would be really interested to hear what you think constitutes an effective and meaningful online interaction.

    Thanks again

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi adrienne have you received any responses to your survey yet?
    Bronwyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bronwyn,

    I am so excited. One person has completed the survey! Thankyou whoever you are ;). Maybe now the floodgates will open! ;).

    Sorry, getting a bit overwhelmed after the long dry spell ;).

    ReplyDelete