Initial ideas for Assignment 2
I plan to run an online meeting with Beverly and Tania from Manaia Kindergarten about their experiences with blogging for pre-schoolers. I would like to use DimDim or Elluminate. I have posted my idea on the Wiki at http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:Facilitating_Online/course_mini_conference.
I like this word. It reminds me of Wookie. Mnggrhhh.
Monday, 14 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How did you find working with the wiki?
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I just put my information up there and checked it a couple of times to see if anyone had commented. Only you had! Thankyou Sarah! I think by that stage we had started using Google Group email to communicate about our events, so we didn't really use the Wiki in the way it was intended. Perhaps if we had had to use the Wiki to communicate more frequently (maybe assigned more tasks to it), we would have got used to going there to discuss our mini-events and would have made more use of it.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think you're right - using the wiki more would have helped us develop our wiki skills and stop the huge amounts of emails flying around which some people hated. For me it was a balance between getting people to use the wiki and 'letting' people communicate in the way that felt most comfortable for them. Food for thought for me next time...if there is one :)
ReplyDelete